Sunday, June 15, 2014

I worked in my basement for 8 years and then decided I needed some sunlight so we put in an egress window.

This is the window before.


They arrived at 9:30 AM

It was exciting to watch them dig. 

Below is the fiberglass that surrounds the window.  It looks like stones

They had a guy inside that encased himself in plastic.
I did not have one drop of dust in my house when they were finished. 

Working in the hole and mounting the window. 

They spent a lot of time caulking to make sure it was moisture resistant. 

They have the fiberglass in and lining everything up. 

This how it looks on the inside. 


The lid the put on helps deflect the sun into the house.
We still have to get someone to trim the inside, but I don't feel so confined in the basement with this big window. 

This is what it looks like on the outside.  You can lift the lid for air flow or take it off.  It will hold 500 lbs. and hail won't hurt it!  Six hours later the job was finished at 3:30. 



No comments:

Post a Comment